A protest in defense of the Crimean Tatars held in Kyiv
People covered their faces with paper to show that Crimean Tatars are afraid of expressing their positions and of being prosecuted by Russian authorities
A rally in defense of the Crimean Tatars is held in Kyiv near the Russian embassy. People covered their faces with white sheets: it sybolizes that the Crimean residents are afraid to express their views on pain of becoming subject of the persecution. It was stated by Deputy Director of the Crimean Tatar TV ATR Aider Muzhdabayev on his Facebook page.
A lot of people came to the Russian embassy. And, perhaps, this is the only rally, when the absence is more symbolical than the presence. "Even the Crimean Tatars, who live in Kyiv now, remain in constant fear, that they close would be banend for entrance to Crimea, and that their relatives will be threatened too. The spirit of the situation is captured," wrote Aider Muzhdabayev.
The activists came here to support the political prisoners. Leaders of Majlis Refat Chubarov and Mustafa Dzhemilev also joined the protest. They said that the main requirement for the Ukrainian authorities now is to cut the electricity supply for Crimea. They beleive that it would help to stop the political repression of the Crimean people, and it also relates to recent searches of the owners of Crimean ART channel.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars