A pillory appeared in Lviv to make citizens stop buying Russian goods
Remember to wash the blood of Ukrainian soldiers from your hands after buying Russian goods - slogan of the action
In the very heart of Lviv, at Market Square, the activists of Economic Boycott Movement set up a pillory. This classic medieval instrument of torture was established with a quite unique purpose. This time it holds rather unusual petty criminal: Russian products!
Almost three-meter sculpture was created by artist Konstantyn Kovalyshyn.
The pillory is full of slogans, such as “Do not buy Russian goods," "Remember to wash the blood of Ukrainian soldiers from your hands after buying Russian goods,”, “Cooperation with the enemy is a betrayal" etc.
As states the coordinator of the movement Oleh Radyk on his Facebook page, in such a way the activists are calling on the Lviv citizens to stop buying products, manufactured in Russian Federation. According to the activists, Lviv citizens have to refuse to purchase Russian goods, because the profit goes on funding war in eastern Ukraine.Zik.ua. The pillory to stand in Lviv for the next month.
Economic Boycott Movement is a nonviolent resistance campaign to boycott Russian commerce in Ukraine. The protest started in August, 2013; it was a reaction to Russian trade embargo against Ukraine. The campaign expanded to mass distribution of leaflets, posters, and stickers in over 45 cities and towns. A new phase of Economic Boycott Movement renewed on March 2, 2014, during the Crimean crisis and the Russian military intervention in Ukraine. The boycott spread to other countries, particularly in the U.S., Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Estonia, Poland, Belarus, Moldova, and Georgia.
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case