Winners of Odesa International Film Festival 2015
The international Jury announced winners for Best Film, Best Director, and Best Actor
The Grand Prix of the OIFF, determined by audience voting, went to Mustang, the Turkish film by Deniz Gamze Ergüven. Best Actor went to Israeli actress Tamar Alkan who played the lead part in The Man in the Wall. Jury of the National Competition awarded a special mention to Ostap Kostyuk, the director of a documentary Living Fire.
Myroslav Slaboshpytskiy, a director of the most award-winning Ukrainian film The Tribe, came on the stage to present the award to the American director and a special guest of the OIFF-2015, Darren Aronofsky. Aronofsky was the first one on the stage this evening to receive the honorary Golden Duke award for Lifetime Achievement.
Before presenting Best Feature Film of the National Competition, the Jury of the National Competition Program expressed their support to the Ukrainian director Oleg Sentsov, who is illegally detained for more than a year by Russian authorities on terrorism charges.
The closing ceremony of the 6th Odesa International Film Festival took place on July 18, 2015.
7th Odesa International Film Festival will be help from July 15 till July 23 2016.
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case