Vladimir Putin nationalized UNESCO World Heritage site " Chersonesus", Crimean nature reserve
The Russian president has decided to include the reserve in the state register of cultural heritage of Russia
This order was released on August 1 on the official website of the Kremlin.
UNESCO and the Ukrainian ministry of Foreign Affairs has not followed this fact yet.
In behalf of Russian president’s decision Ukrainian Culture Minister Viacheslav Kyrylenko, said in his Twitter that "Chersonesus is a national nature reserve, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. And Putin's decision has no any power".
Chersonesus is an ancient Greek colony founded in the 5th century BC in the southwestern part of the Crimean Peninsula by settlers from Heraclea Pontica.
The buildings mix influences of Greek, Roman and Byzantine culture, it includes a Roman amphitheatre and a Greek temple, a citadel. The Saint Vladimir Cathedral in Chersonesus was built in the 19th century. The 1935 Basilica is the most famous basilica excavated in Chersonesus.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars