“Ukrainian Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS” helps Donbas sufferers
Near 2.8 thousand packages with medicines were delivered to ATO area
Activists of the “Ukrainian Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS” organization have supplied the HIV-positive patients in the ATO area with needed medicine. Over the past three month 2 312 packages of medicine aid went to Luhansk and another 481 – to Donetsk.
The necessary drugs are not available in the drugstores (usually, local pharmacies do not have some basic medicines due to the hostilities), what leads to treatment interruption and death of the HIV-positive people of Donbas. Total amount of cargo that were transferred between April and July 2015, is $12.5 thousand.
Luhansk and Donetsk npatient departments for treatment of HIV-positive people stopped working this year due to the lack of needed medical supply. Issue of evacuation of HIV-positive children from the orphanage "Maliatko" in Makiivka, Donetsk region, is not solved yet too.
About eight thousand HIV positive people in the conflict area were threatened with death or significant deterioration of health due to treatment interruption.
The organization “Ukrainian Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS” was established by HIV-positive people in 2001.
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars