Ukrainian Canadians to honor the victims of totalitarian regimes
Ukrainian Canadian Congress encourages Canadians to take part in Black Ribbon Day Commemoration events being held across the country
The National Black Ribbon Day Commemorations events, organized by the Central and Eastern European Council (CEEC), will take place in Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, states Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC).
“The brutal war of aggression that the Russian Federation is waging against Ukraine is a stark reminder to us all that the cause of freedom and democracy must be defended. A quarter-century after the fall of the Berlin Wall and Soviet Communism, Eastern Europe is again under threat from Russia’s imperialism and despotism,” stated Paul Grod, National President of the UCC.
The CEEC represents the interests of 4 million Canadians of Central and Eastern European heritage. In November 2009, a resolution declaring Black Ribbon Day for the victims of Nazi and Soviet Communist crimes on August 23.
Black Ribbon Day commemorates the anniversary of the infamous Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, a sinister partnership treaty between Hitler's Nazi Germany and Stalin's Soviet Union that enslaved and murdered millions of people in Central and Eastern Europe.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars