Contemporary European poetry in Chernivtsi
The sixth International Poetry Festival MERIDIAN CZERNOWITZ to be held in Chernivtsi
The four-day show will go on from September 3th until September 6th, 2015 in Chernivtsi, western Ukraine.
The program includes traditional poetry readings, lectures, theatrical and musical performances, unique wine and poetry readings, cigar evenings, photography and art exhibitions.
International Poetry Festival MERIDIAN CZERNOWITZ is an event, based on the cultural heritage of western Ukrainian, and is dedicated to contemporary European poetry.
It is the product of genetic and historical memory of its inhabitants, as state the organizers of MERIDIAN CZERNOWITZ. The aim of the festival is returning Chernivtsi to the cultural map of Europe and the development of dialogue between the modern Ukrainian poets and their foreign colleagues.
“Czernowitz” was the name of Chernivtsi city, when it was under Austria in 1774-1918. This city is often called “a secret literary capital of Europe”
Known and respected poets and artists are announced to show up: Timo Berger (Germany), Valentyn Sylvestrov (Ukraine), Raphael Urweider (Switzerland), Christine Koschel (Germany) Lisa Elsasser (Switzerland), Olexandr Bojchenko (Ukraine), Mark Belorusets (Ukraine), Ricardo Domeneck (Germany-Brazil), Yael Globerman (Israel), Sergiy Zhadan (Ukraine) Andriy Lyubka (Ukraine), Christoph W. Bauer (Austria), Dmytro Lazutkin (Ukraine), Ron Winkler (Germany), Elena Fanailova (Russia), Igor Pomerantsev (Great Britain-Ukraine) and others.
Chernivtsi City Council, Chernivtsi National Yuri Fedkovych University, Embassies of Austria, Germany, Switzerland, the USA, Goethe-Institut Kyiv, Polish Institut Kyiv, Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia and other cultural foundations take part in the Festival organization.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case