The most corrupted regions: Dnipropetrovsk, Kyiv, Odesa, Donetsk and Zakarpattia
During 2015 investigative units applied to courts with 915 incriminating acts
According to Prosecutors General’s Office of Ukraine, total amount of people accused of corruption is 1053. The highest level of incriminating acts submitted to court investigating law enforcement agencies are observed in Dnipropetrovsk (79) Zakarpattia (61), Odesa (52), Donetsk (52) regions and Kyiv (49).
Also this year 104 employees from Ministry of Interior Affairs were accused of corruption, as well as 9 prosecutors. There were 63 corruption offenses related to illegal land deals. Education sector is also actively combating abuse of bestowed power, what has resulted in 120 corruption offenses. Prosecutors sent to court indictments in respect of 158 civil servants and 76 officials of local governments.
The last Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2014 by Transparency International showed that Ukraine did not overcome the threshold of “corruption disgrace”. Having received only one additional point, in comparison with 2013, Ukraine remains in the club of the most corrupt countries. Тransparency International notes some anti-corruption steps of our country –bureaucracy is not as strangling for business as it was before; export and import became freer of bribes.
Ukraine’s army general: Two versions of Motorola’s murder 17 October, 09:15
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case