Sorochynsky Fair to gather presidents, MPs, ambassadors, and simple folk
August 18-23 the largest Ukrainian market event starts in Sorochyntsi
Presidents and MPs make it a must stop to socialize with simple folk and plunge into some primeval Ukrainian lifestyle in framework of Sorochynsky Fair, held in a village of Velyki Sorochyntsi near Poltava. Organizers sent out 200 invitations to the VIP-persons, expecting the President and the Prime Minister to show up. This year the ambassadors of UK, Libya, Malaysia, and Vietnam are expected to attend the event, Uriadovyi kurier.
Annually nearly a million people visit the event. 1,500 enterprises, entrepreneurs and craftsmen from Ukraine, Russia, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Germany and Poland are involved. Usually every district of Poltava region and most parts of the country present their best acquisition of heritage. This year more than 50 workshops would be available; the most popular of them are "Sorochynsky verhunets", "Poltava dumpling", "Varenyky", "Borsch" (mainly connected with Ukrainian cuisine). People flock to this annual feast for insane shopping, theater plays, blacksmithing, Opishnya ceramics, embroidery, making artificial flowers, dancing, and other handicrafts.
It was held five times a year during the Russian Empire, then Soviet rule prohibited it for 40 years. Now it is now held annually since Ukraine gained its independence. The fair holds the status of Ukraine's national trade fair since 1999.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain