Semana da Comunidade Ucraniana held in Brazil
Ten thousand varenyky prepared in Brazil on the eve of Ukrainian Independence Day
On the eve of Independence Day in the Brazilian city of Prudentópolis, located in south-central state of Paraná, about 200 km from Curitiba, Ukrainian community organized Ukrainian Week - Semana da Comunidade Ucraniana, Vidia. This is the sixth festival, which traditionally takes place every year here.
A master class of preparing varenyky was organized for children, as well as bandura and sopilka lessons. Traditional Ukrainian dinner gathered more than 800 people, who were treated with their national dishes. In particular, 10,000 varenyky were prepared in the framework of the festival. These days Prudentópolis has also chosen "Best Ukrainian".
Today the local city council organize the official celebrations.
Prudentópolis is a municipality in the state of Parana, 75% of local population have Ukrainian origin. During this first wave of Ukrainian emigration, approximately 45,000 immigrants arrived in Brazil and settled in the country's southern frontier regions, specifically in the states of Paraná, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul.
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas