Sculpture of the Holodomor Memorial was installed near the U.S. Capitol, Washington, DC
Dedication of the Holodomor Memorial, established Columbia in the very heart of the U.S., is scheduled for November 7, 2015
On August 4, 2015 the sculpture of the Holodomor Memorial was installed in the very heart of Washington, DC near the U.S. Capitol, states the press service of Embassy of Ukraine in the U.S. The event was attended by Valeriy Chaly, Ambassador of Ukraine to the USA, Larysa Kurylas, Artist, Michael Sawkiw, U.S. Committee for Ukrainian Holodomor Genocide Awareness 1932-1933, Mary Katherine Lanzillotta, Hartman-Cox Architects, as well as representatives of Forrester Construction Company and Laran Bronze Foundry.
In 2006, U.S.Congress authorized the Government of Ukraine to establish a memorial on Federal land in the District of Columbia to honor the victims of the manmade famine that occurred in Ukraine in 1932–1933.
Since 2006 the Government of Ukraine, in close cooperation with the Ukrainian community, has worked on the implementation of this project.
Dedication of the Holodomor Memorial is scheduled for November 7, 2015, as stated in the report.
The world's first monument to the victims of the Holodomor-Genocide in Ukraine 1932-33 was established in 1983 in Canada, Edmonton, AB. Besides numerous Ukrainian cities, there are also monuments near Chicago Illinois (USA), Winsdor (Ontario, Canada), Calgary (Canada), Winnipeg (Canada).
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case