Sacral art in Vinnytsya
Oleksander Chernov, one of the prominent collectors of folk icon in Ukraine, presented a unique exhibition of folk sacral art in Vinnytsya
The exhibition of folk iconography is held in Vinnytsia Regional Museum, as stated by local media. 48 exhibits dating from 18-19 century moves with the simplicity and sincerity. The opening of the exhibition is devoted to the millennium of the day of the Assumption of Volodymyr Velykyi (Volodymyr the Great) and the 1027 anniversary Christianization of Kyivan Rus.
The collection was already exhibited in Lutsk, Odesa, Ostroh, Kamenetz-Podilsky, Medzhybizh and other cities of Ukraine.
Chernov gathered his collection for twenty years. He says that in his collection he also has shirts, carpets, candlesticks. They reflect the history of three cultures, Ukrainian, Polish and Jewish. The representatives of these nationalities used and use to inhabit Podillia, the west-central and south-western portions of Ukraine and northern Transnistria.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas