Russia holds “Koktebel Jazz Party” in Crimea without Ukraine's permission
It should not be confused with the official Koktebel Jazz Festival, organized by Ukraine
Russian organizers will hold a “Koktebel Jazz Party” August 28-30 in Crimea without permission of the Government of Ukraine. It should not be confused with the official Koktebel Jazz Festival, which will be held in the Ukrainian town of Zatoka, near Odesa, August 23-30.
"Koktebel Jazz Party” in Crimea is being conducted by Russia, as a "heritage" of Ukrainian well-known jazz and world music festival Koktebel Jazz Festival, which took place annually in Koktebel, Crimea, on the Black Sea coast. Till 2013 the festival was held in Koktebel, but its 2014th edition was held in Odesa, as Russia occupied the peninsula.
Since 2006, Koktebel Jazz Festival is held during "velvet" resort season, the second half of September. In previous years this international music event was attended by Goran Bregovic, The Cinematic Orchestra, Parov Stelar, Nino Katamadze, Bonobo, Telepopmusik, Red Snapper, Patrick Wolf, Submotion Orchestra, Billy's Band, The Tiger Lillies, De Phazz etc. During last 13 years the open-air jam-sessions gathers people all over the world to dip in the sounds of music.
Some foreign embassies reminds their citizens that the world community has instituted broad sanctions on activity in Crimea, in response to Russia’s continuing occupation and attempted annexation of this region. That is why foreign citizens are prohibited by law from providing services to the territory of Crimea.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars