Riot in Illichivsk: ATO members blocked local City Council building
They demand to pull down a statue of Lenin and recognize Russia as an aggressor
In Illichivsk, Odesa region, members of the ATO participants NGOs and "Maidan Self-defense" blocked the City Council calling for “decommuization” law fulfillment and recognizing Russia as an aggressor state, odesa.depo. They also demanded to stop illegal land sale and give a house to the family of the dead soldier.
More than 50 activists tried to get inside the building and interrupt the session of the City Council. Since this people were unable to get into the building, they just blocked the local MPs in the hall.
Frays between activists and the police took place during the protest; the police used tear gas. The activists expect to talk to the City Mayor.
Fire trucks and ambulance cars arrived to the City Council, announcing the building evacuation.
In April 2015 a formal decommunization process started in Ukraine outlawing communist and Soviet symbols. A statue of Lenin in Illichivsk has not been destroyed yet.
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case