Researchers from Ukraine, Poland, US gathers in Lviv on “Jewish days in City Hall”
July 28 - August 10 Lviv holds a series of lectures, debates and discussions "Jewish day at City Hall, Heritage and joint responsibility."
Scientists from Ukraine, US, and Poland will talk about the history and culture of Jews in Lviv, Galicia, Ukraine and Eastern Europe in total. Also there will be presented the "Synagogue space" project aimed to transform the Lviv Jewish quarter into memorial public place "Space synagogue." Location - Restaurant "Town Hall".
A researcher of Jewish history from New York Natalia Aleksiun and researcher from Wroclaw Joanna Lisek will open the event with a speech on understanding history of a city through a history of particular community. They will debate on issue of responsibility of maintaining the "alien" heritage, role of unforgotten history of our "yesterday" etc. Specific attention will be paid to three cities: Wroclaw, Warsaw and Vilnius.
Historian and essayist Yohanan Petrovsky-Shtern will tell about Ukrainian traditional myths about Jews, their relations with nobility, attitude toward communism, imperialism etc. The event is to be attended by Myroslav Marynovych, founding member of the Ukrainian Helsinki Group, and Yosyf Zisels, human rights activist and Ukrainian dissident.
The organizers of the event are German Society for International Cooperation GIZ, Lviv City Council, Ukrainian Jewish Charitable Foundation "Hesed-Arieh", Center for Urban History of East Central Europe and Consulate of Israel in Ukraine.
Pentagon chief expresses need for nuclear weapons to deter Russia’s threat 27 September, 08:33
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas