Population of Ukrainian declined by 13700 people for the last month
Now there are 42.832 mln people in Ukraine
Ukraine’s natural population growth declined by 13.7 thousand people for the last month, according to the State Statistics Committee. July 1, the population of Ukraine amounted to 42.832 mln people. However, it is 164.8 thousand people less than it was in Ukraine on July 1 last year. For the last month 32 thousand people were born in Ukraine and more than 35 thousand people died.
For the 6 months of this year, 198 thousand children were born, while for the 6 months of the last year this sum amounted to 230,772 children. Top-region of Ukraine by birth rate is Kyiv; here for the last half a year appeared 18.8 thousand of newborns, in the second place is Dnipropetrovsk with its 13.7 thousand, and Lviv comes the third one, 11.1 thousand babies. The lowest total number of live births is in Chernihiv region – 3.7 thousand. Luhansk shows even less number, 2.2 thousand babies, but the figures are inaccurate due to the fact that not all the data is collected.
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas