Muslims begin the celebration of Kurban Bayrami
President of Ukraine and Chairman of the Majlis of Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov congratulated Muslims of Ukraine with the holiday
Today, September 24, Muslims all over the world started the celebration of Kurban Bayrami, religious holiday, known as the Feast of Sacrifice. The main celebration of the holiday is to be on Saturday, October 4th.
Reportedly, chairman of the Majlis of Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov congratulated Muslims of Ukraine with the feast, Krym.Realii.
"On behalf of the Majlis of the Crimean Tatar people and myself, I heartily congratulate all the Muslims of Ukraine, all Muslims who live on the Crimean land, land that is part of an independent Ukrainian state. Congratulations to all the Muslims who live in other states, with great holiday in Islam – Kurban Bayrami", he said.
Leaders of the Crimean Tatars - Mustafa Dzhemilev and Refat Chubarov this year, as in the previous, due to the annexation of the peninsula and Russian authorities ban to enter the Crimea, will celebrate Kurban Bayrami in Kyiv. They will participate in a collective prayer for the occasion.
President Petro Poroshenko also congratulated Muslims of Ukraine on Kurban Bayrami.
“I sincerely congratulate you on the occasion of Kurban Bayrami – the day rallying around the values of sacrifice, kindness and mercy, "Poroshenko said.
He stressed that today Muslims of Ukraine demonstrate patriotism, civil consent, uphold the unity of the country in the name of independence, justice and freedom. "On the challenges of the Russian aggressor, with its disdain for human life and dignity, Ukrainians meet these challenges with invincibility of the spirit, courage, love for one's neighbor. I am convinced that together we will overcome all difficulties and build common to all of us peaceful and prosperous country," he added.
Reportedly, as the trading blockade with Crimea is ongoing, the Crimean Tatars activists are to celebrate the Sacrifice Feast right at so-called "Crimean Maidan" - the territory of protest action in the area of "Chongar" crossing point , the commandant of the tent camp Diliaver Seytumerov told, Krym.Realii reports. For the celebrations to be held, activists plan to bring 40 sheep and distribute over the crossing points of the blockade.
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain