Ministry of Environment claims inability to monitor and evaluate the situation in the ATO zone
Ukraine hopes that the OSCE will gather information on the environmental state of Donbas
“Currently we have no possibility to monitor the area. Recently the Ministry appealed to the National Security Council and Foreign Ministry with a request to involve the OSCE mission in collecting environmental information,” said Deputy Minister of Environment Serhiy Kurykin during the briefing, states Unian.
According to him, engaging of OSCE representatives would help the Ministry to obtain information about the environmental situation in the ATO area and define assessment of damage. Deputy Minister also noted that this information would support the recovery strategy adjustment and normalization of life in the ATO area.
As was reported before, over 200 hectares of forest are damaged as a result of stable attacks with massive artillery in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas