Linking arms in "Vyshyvanka chain" to unite Odesa
Concerts, exibitions, sports tournaments and varenyky speed eating to gather people August 23-24
Odesa has prepared a really wide program to celebrate Independence Day and Day of the National Flag. Creative artists will present the photo exhibitions “Ukraine, my homeland”, “24th anniversary of Ukraine's independence”, and “Ukraine is flourishing”.
Drawing contests, сompetition for the best performance of poems about Ukraine will gather childrenof Odesa. Festival of embroidery, book exhibition, basketball tournament timed to the Day of the National Flag, flesh mobs for youth, numerous festive concerts of different kinds of music, will gather locals to share the joy of the holiday.
August 24 locals will create a “Vyshyvanka chain”, people are to link their arms in a human chain as a show of their national solidarity. Also an exhibition of patriotic cars will be held in the city, and a charity bike ride.
For true varenyky-lovers a special competition of varenyky speed eating will be held in Odesa.
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas