Limitation on religion in Bakhchisaray, Cimea
Local police forbade Muslims celebrate their traditional holiday
In Bakhchisaray, Crimea, police did not let residents celebrate the traditional religious holiday Eid al-Fitr (also kown as Eid al-Bairam, Feast of Breaking the Fast) Reported QHA.
According to local residents, the police banned the conduct any celebrations or mass gatherings of people. They were allowed to gather only in small groups.
"Over the years, the annual celebrations of a major Muslim holidays celebrating Eid al Adha and Eid al-Fitr were really crowdy. The celebrations were organized by local activists from among the Muslim community with the support of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people," - said in a statement.
Since the celebration of Muslim event was banned, some people arranged to hold the festival on their territory of their microdistrict.
In June in the occupied Crimea Russian authorities did not give permission for broadcasting to the local Crimean Tatar TV channels ATR and Lale.
Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday 24 October, 09:28
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas