Kyiv city is shrouded in smoke
A peat fire occured in Kyiv region and the smoke spreads over the large areas
A thick layer of smoke was observed August 26 in Kyiv city and some nearby towns, states the State Emergency Service (SES). A large peat fire currently burning in drought-stricken Kyiv region affect not only the fire sources, Irpin, Horenka, Hostomel, Bucha, but the capital city as well.
This morning SES plans to conduct aerial reconnaissance involving a helicopter to learn the situation with the peat smoldering.
The smoke over a fire does not just climb vertically upwards, but rather spreads like a mushroom cloud. Emitted smoke is not toxic, it does not contain air pollutants, which would cause health problems, says the SES in their daily report. Still the experts recommend to shut down the windows while the peat fires are not extinguished.
Due to a high carbon content, peat can burn under low moisture conditions. The weather conditions of the region created ideal circumstances for the peat fire to grow.
112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016 27 October, 12:43
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case