Israel hosts children of Ukrainian servicemen participating in anti-terrorist operation in eastern Ukraine
August 2-12 group of 18 Ukrainian children spend vacations in summer camp
As stated on the web site of Lviv city council, a group of 18 schoolchildren aged 9 to 16 years from Lviv and region (Truskavets, Horodok, Sambir, Morshyn, Drogobych). Nearly half of these children lost their fathers, who were killed in action while serving Ukrainian Armed Forces, others has got injuries of varying severity in the fighting. All the boys visit Israel for the first time, and most of them are, in general, have never been abroad.
Initiative to take the children of Ukrainian servicemen to Israel belongs to Honorary Consul of Israel in Western Ukraine Oleh Vishnyakov. He was the main sponsor of this project. Lviv City Council and Lviv Regional State Administration supported Honorary Consul, as well as Israeli Embassy in Ukraine and the Ukraine International Airlines company.
Ukrainian boys were hosted in the Israel Goldstein youth village. The children are to visiting religious sites, the Old City of Jerusalem, the water park etc. Every day, one hour of boys have English classes, attend various creative activities and sports.
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels