International Organization for Migration opened art installation on human trafficking, Chernivtsi
One hundred twenty-shapes silhouettes of "The Invisible" installation represent more than 120 000 Ukrainian who were trafficked 1991
According to a research commissioned by IOM, over 120,000 Ukrainians became victims to human trafficking since 1991, which makes Ukraine one of the largest “suppliers” of slave labor in Europe. Regional breakdown shoes that people from the Western regions of the county most frequently leave the country.
Forty figures marked the real stories of victims of modern slavery. The figures were created by the former victim of trafficking who joined IOM reintegration program. Now this man started his own business. The national information campaign conducted by the IOM together with the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine.
“The Invisible” installation is designed to draw attention to the problem of human trafficking and tell real stories of victims who live among us, but often remain unnoticed, invisible. It will stay in Chernivtsi to 18 August 2015, and then will travel to other regions of Ukraine.
The IOM Ukraine Counter Trafficking (CT) Programme was launched in 1998, with a strategy to support government and civil society efforts to combat trafficking in human beings and to ensure victims’ access to assistance and justice. IOM follows a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach to tackle the problem of human trafficking.
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case