International Organization for Migration (IOM) is expanding its assistance programs the save the most vulnerable 16 thousand Ukrainian IDPs
The elderly people, families with three or more children, single parents and disabled people this summer will receive near 40 dollars per person
“In July, IOM launched the second round of multipurpose cash transfer support to IDPs in the Kharkiv region thanks to an additional 1 mln EUR provided by the European Union through its Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection department (ECHO) and 400,000 EUR in co-funding from the Government of Norway, says IOM.
Elderly people aged 75 and older, families with three or more children, single parents, and people with the 1st and 2nd groups of disability who are unfit for work, are going to receive unconditional cash assistance of UAH 1,000 per person this summer. The EU, Norway and IOM aim to support a total of 9,500 people with this assistance,” as stated by IOM on the official website.
Kharkiv region was chosen for its proximity to the conflict zone and the large number of IDPs registered there (180,000 displaced persons).
In autumn, another round of cash support will be conducted. With an additional 1 mln EUR provided by Germany, IOM will be able to target another 6,500 vulnerable IDPs currently staying in nine regions of Ukraine: Vinnytsya, Poltava, Sumy, Odesa, Mykolayiv, Kherson, Cherkasy, Chernihiv and Zhytomyr.
“Displacement continues and IDPs are still facing harsh living conditions. It is important for us that IDPs will be able to independently determine priorities for spending the funds, be it buying school supplies for children, purchasing medicine, clothes or anything else essential for the each individual family,”says IOM Ukraine’s Chief of Mission Manfred Profazi.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars