From Sept 1 Ukrainians cannot enter Russia without permissions
Russian border will be opened only for Donbas citizens, all other Ukrainians need permission documents
As stated by Federal Migration Service of Russia, citizens of Ukraine must obtain permissions, not as like other citizens of Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
“We are to extend preferences for citizens from Donetsk and Luhansk regions, who suffered the armed conflict. The rest of the citizens of Ukraine are not provided with the opportunity to stay in Russia during 90 days and obtain the work permissions, as it is for all CIS states, which benefit from visa-free relations,” stated the spokesman of Federal Migration Service Kostiantyn Romodanovskyi.
It is noted that due to the fighting in Donbas, Ukrainians are provided with preferences regarding working stay until August 1.
“If some Ukrainian “quietly stays” in Russia after August 1 and does not show up to be registered, he will be deported and denied in entry to Russia for three year,” stated the spokesman.
Earlier Ukraine-Russia travel mode was quite opened: Ukrainians could freely travel to Russia on an inner passport and stay for 90 days.
Russia belongs to the most visited countries by Ukrainians. For last four years 28,220,252 Ukrainians visited Russian Federation, states the Migration Service. Russia also is the largest receiving state for the domestic labor force – 43.2% (from the total number of migrants 1,181.6 thousand people). It is a country of predominantly male migration from Ukraine (83.8%). Most returning migrants come back from the Russian Federation (51.1%).
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars