Festive events in Mariupol, Donetsk region, near the frontline
Commemoration events, charitable rally, concerts, exhibitions gathered locals for common celebration
Festive events in Mariupol, Donetsk region, started with celebrating the Day of National Flag. A military parade took place in the city and local authoriries has already congratulated the citizens.
Mariupol also holds a rally dedicated to the Ukrainian Day of Independence. Participants of the rally will go to Sartana, Hnutovo and other villages to congratulate Ukrainian governmental troops, who defend the positions from militants' attacks. Volunteers, who take part in the rally, also gather some sweets and other treats for Ukrainian soldiers.
A gala concert dedicated to the Independence Day, as well as exhibition of the works of folk artists will gather Mariupol citizens in the evening August 24.
On the eve of Independence Day, local citizens commemorated the police officers killed in 2014-2015. A memorial with the names of law enforcement representatives of Donetsk region, who died in 2014-2015, was unvailed in Mariupol near the regional police department.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain