Exhibition dedicated to Ilovaisk battle opened in Kyiv
Four documentary photographers submitted 65 works to tell about this terrible event
August 11-30 "Ilovaisk" exhibition takes place in the Atrium of the National Museum of Taras Shevchenko. Works of the best Ukrainian documentary photographers are presented here. Olexander Hliadielov, Maksym Dondiuk, Markiyan Lyseyko, and Maksym Levin dedicated their photos to the anniversary of Ilovaisk battle, one of the most notorious page of the Donbas conflict. At the opening, on 11 August, there were The soldiers who managed to survive after the bloody massacre attended the opening of the exhibition. Many of these photographs were not published, while the soldiers were held in militants’ captivity.
August 29 Ukrainian journalists Maksym Levin (Lb.ua) and Markiyan Lyseyko ("Ukrinform") together with the ARD channel reporters Heorgiy Tykhyi, Ival Liubysh-Kirdey barely managed to escape from the battle in Ilovaisk. Later they shot a film about Ilovaisk which was nominated for the 55th TV Festival in Monte Carlo (Festival de télévision de Monte-Carlo).
Battle of Ilovaisk, which lasted for 3 weeks and 5 days (August - September 2, 2014), ended with chilling results for Ukrainian Armed Forces: 366 killed, 249 wounded, 128 captured, 158 missing.
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain