Crimean Tatars are the most vulnerable target of xenophobia in Ukraine
Religious hatred, LGBT intolerance, vandalism, and racial hate crimes are the most frequent xenophobic actions in last 6 month
Congress of National Communities of Ukraine together with Monitoring Group of minority rights released a report on xenophobia in Ukraine, 2015 chronicles. The most acute minority rights issue concerns the position of the Crimean Tatars. This is corroborated by numerous facts of suppression of the independent national movement, activists’ persecution, and liquidation of Crimean Tatar mass media and other institutions, public events bans, “February 26” affair etc.
Facts of racial, national and religious hatred are observed all over Ukraine. The most vivid example was reported the situation in Kharkiv, attack with against a group of foreign students, which took place in June.
The group also highlighted intensification of a public debate on LGBT issues, what is caused by notorious gay pride marsh held in June.
Together with this, anti-Semitic acts of vandalism are witnessed against Holocaust memorials.
The report also seeks to highlight the anti-Semitic official discourse in so-called Luhansk and Donetsk People’s Republics (DPR, LPR). The DPR and LPR “leaders” actively use the theme of an imaginary Jewish origin of Ukrainian political leaders.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain