“Creative Europe” one step nearer to Ukraine
1.5 billion euros for culture projects will be available for Ukraine after providing the EU program "Creative Europe"
Ukrainian cultural projects will be able to access the fund volume of 1.5 billion euros after the accession of Ukraine to the EU program "Creative Europe", according to Deputy Minister of Culture of Ukraine for European Integration Andriy Vitrenko.
“For the period of 2020 this program provides 1.5 bln EUR,” he said in his interview with “Ukrainian News”.
The program provides grant support for the implementation of cultural projects and the amount of funds determined by the European side in each case.
Andriy Vitrenko also said that next week will be held another stage of talks with the EU on the draft Agreement on Ukraine's accession to this European program. Currently, only technical details, like assign the authorized person to sign the document,still remain not agreed.
In addition, Ukraine has got high chances of getting funding for cultural projects in the media sector program "Creative Europe", states Vitrenko.
1.5 bln EUR is general budget of the program, through which financed projects in all EU countries and third countries participating in the program. It is expected that the agreement on accession of Ukraine to the "Creative Europe" will be signed in September and October this year.
“Creative Europe” is an European Union program for the cultural and creative sectors for the years 2014-2020, adopted by the European Council in 2013. The main aims of the program are to strengthen the competitiveness of the European cultural and creative sectors (audiovisual sector in particular), safeguard, develop and promote European cultural and linguistic diversity cultural heritage. It has already set aside funding for 250,000 artists and cultural professionals, 2,000 cinemas, 800 films and 4,500 literary translations.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars