Celebrations in Kyiv for Ukraine Independence Day
The celebration in the Ukrainian capital to start with a flag hoisting ceremony
This year Kyiv will definitely wonder you with its Independence Day celebrations scheduled for August 23-24. August 23, Day of National Flag, a national flag will be raised on Sofiivska square, and an hour before the flags will also festively wave over the city councils allover Ukraine. At 12:00 am a nationwide minute of silent prayer in memory of Fallen Soldiers on Defender of the Ukraine-Motherland will be held.
The March of Independence will be held August 24 and senior government officials will take part.
Flower-laying ceremony at the monument to Taras Shevchenko, festive parade, prayers in Sofia Kyivska (Saint Sophia's Cathedral), gala concert, and numerous art festivals will gather millions in the capital city.
A second section of the “Memory Wall” will be unveiled. August 20-26 “Ukraine is my country” film will run at the Kyiv cinemas. A new sport "trybol" will be presented on Khreshchatyk street as well as various martial arts fighting shows.
People in occupied Crimea are not allowed to hold Independence Day of Ukraine.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars