Case against Kolchenko and Sentsov includes classified info
Russian North Caucasus District Military Court ensures some information concerning criminal case against Ukrainians Kolchenko and Sentsov cannot be made publiс
The Joint Group of the Public Observation, a human and constitutional rights activists who monitor and mediate the legal processes, wrote on Twitter that “the further consideration of the case will be closed private as it contains “classified information”.
The Court also permitted Sentsov and Kolchenko to meet with the relatives. The lawyers insisted that the meeting with the Ukrainian consul is a part of the constitutional rights of defendants and asked to consider Sentsov Kolchenko and as citizens of Ukraine, while in the case file are they are listed as citizens of Russia. Meeting Ukrainian consul is available only after the criminal proceedings against Sentsov and Kolchenko and is reviewed on its merits, stated the Court.
Oleh Sentsov and Olexander Kolchenko have been accused of membership in Ukraine's fire-right paramilitary group “Pravyi Sektor”, a claim that both Sentsov and Right Sector deny. Russian prosecutors have stated that Sentsov has confessed to the terrorist plots, but Setsov himself have stated that he was beaten and threatened with rape to force him to confess.
Oleksander Kolchenko, a Crimean social activist and antifascist, held in captivity by the Russian authorities, is charged with committing “acts of terrorism” and “belonging to a terrorist community”. He is threatened to carry a 20-year maximum prison sentence.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars