Break me completely! Scandal with Ukraine Hackers making rapid progress
Hacking of unpublished U.S. press releases amounting to $ 100 mln
Recently world witnessed a scene of a brawl as a result of U.S. accusing Ukrainian hackers in siphoning 150 thousand press releases for the last 5 years. As reported by Bloomberg, “U.S. authorities broke up an alleged insider trading ring that relied on computer hackers to pilfer corporate press announcements and then profited by trading on the sensitive information before it became public”.
There are five Ukrainians who are featured to information theft and fraud: Ivan Turchynov, Olexander Yeremenko, Arkadiy Dubovyi, Ihor Dubovyi and Pavlo Dubovyi. The defendants crossing are moving between Ukraine and U.S., what makes difficulties to define, who used the information on economic trends and market vulnerabilities.
The major scandal emerged when it came to light that corporate information from Panera Bread, Boeing, Hewlett-Packard, Caterpillar and Oracle companies was stolen ostensibly to anticipate stock market moves. Moreover, issuers believe information, which has been leaking for the last five years, brought $ 100 mln to the hackers.
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels