Automatic riflemen in districts of compact living of Crimean Tatars
150-200 riflemen are reported to stand with weapons in the microdistricts of Crimean capital inhabited by Crimean Tatars
Eskender Bariiev, Member of the Majlis and Coordinator of Crimean Tatars’ Rights Protection Committee, stated on his Facebook page that "Automatic riflemen are placed in the streets of Fontany microdistrict [Simferopol]. According to the available information, this operation cannot be called a suspect's detention, but rather an intimidation of the people. Here came 150-200 snipers and men with assault rifles and machine guns. And the children are forced to witness it," he states.
For the second day armed men in camouflage surround Chistinkoie village near Simferopol, adds Bariiev. This information was also confirmed by so-called head of Crimean republic Sergey Aksenov. The official explanation, delivered to the locals, was "searching a man suspected of murdering doctors in Simferopol". The armed men carry out search of the local houses, some abandoned facilities, and cars, which cross the village. Recalling, September 26, two medical workers were killed in an attack on an ambulance depot in Simferopol.
As was reported by Crimean human rights activists, Russian government, which currently occupied Crimea, interfere in the activities of Muslim religious communities, conducting "preventive conversations" with the Russian FSB (Federal Security Service).
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain