Airborne Forces Day
Today Ukrainian soldiers celebrate the mobile airborne troops day
The troops are set up to serve missions that cannot performed by other forces or armed units behind the tactical and operative enemy line. The troops are deliberately prepared for active combat operations behind the enemy lines in framework of defense, counter-terrorism and peacekeeping operations.
Ukrainian highly mobile airborne troops have 5 teams and 6 battalions.
In early August 2014, the 95 crew of highly mobile airborne troops carried out a longest raid in military history of the world. It took place in the conflict Donbass area.
The soldiers broke through the militants’ defense line, and carried out a march to Mariupol, came back across the border, destroyed several Russian artillery battalions that had been on the Ukrainian side of the border, seized their weapons, equipment, and Russian tanks, arrived to Luhansk and returned to Slaviansk.
Ukrainian highly mobile landing troops were involved in peacekeeping operations in Yugoslavia, Iraq, Sierra Leone, Kosovo, and Liberia.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in his Twitter congratulated Ukrainian Airborne Troops on their day.
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars