A new show of force in Ternopil
In this western Ukraine city appeared police on bikes
This pilot project of the first eight patrols on bikes starts in Ternopil parks. They work in the framework of the "Safe City" program, which was introduced by the regional police and the city council.
Ternopil police on bikes will protect the public order before the cold weather comes.
Now Ukraine actively replaces old corrupted militia with new police force, which is mostly made up of people with no law-enforcement experience. The recruits, from 21 to 35 years old, are taught to defuse conflicts and form relationships with people stopped by patrol.
The first patrol of the new police are already hitting the Kyiv streets since early June.
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels