The latest press-release published by State Emergency Service unveiled the picture of the situation with those Ukrainians, who were forced to flee their homes due to Russian occupation and hostilities. From the total amount of 933 thousand IDPs, 912 thousand came from Luhansk and Donetsk regions, and another 20.8 thousand moved to mainland Ukraine from Crimea.
158,7 thousand children became internally displaced. The press release also states that from the total amount, 458 thousand are disabled and elderly.
The top Ukrainian regions, where the IDPs use to locate, are Luhansk, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhia, Kyiv. Luhansk region has the largest IDP population in Ukraine. Currently, there are about 213 thousand IDPs, including 17 thousand children and 208 thousand disabled people and elderly in Luhansk region. Kharkiv region has hosted 187 thousand people, Donetsk – 111 thousand, Dnipropetrovsk – 84 thousand, Zaporizhia – 65 thousand, Kyiv – 44 thousand (and 39 thousand found some shelter in Kyiv city).
The least number of those deprived of shelter and their habitual sources moved to western regions of the country – Ternopil (2.7 thousands), Chernivtsi (2.7 thousands), Ivano-Frankivsk (3.6 thousands), Rivne (3.5 thousands), Volyn (4 thousand).
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday 24 October, 09:28
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain