7 thousand Ukrainians to immigrate to Israel in 2015
Number of Russian immigrants to Israel has doubled - Ze'ev Elkin
Israel expects to host 7 thousand immigrants from Ukraine in 2015. It was stated by Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption Minister, Knesset Member Ze'ev Elkin, 9tv.
According to the Minister, the pace of repatriation from Ukraine increased sharply in connection with military operations in the country: the expected number of immigrants from Ukraine in 2015 will exceed 7000 people, which is 250% more than in 2013, when 2000 new citizens of Ukraine came to Israel.
He noted that in 2014 27.5 thousand immigrants came to Israel, and this year the country expects 30 thousands to come. Thus, in two years the rate of repatriation increased by 50%.
Knesset Member also said that the wave of terror that began in recent weeks, unfortunately, may affect the determination of the Jews to leave permanently to Israel. "A month ago I would have said that we will meet more than 30,000 people and figures closer to 35,000 returnees, but now I'm not ready to promise it," admitted Elkin.
Mostly, immigrants come from France, Ukraine or Russia. In recent years there has been a significant increase in the number of repatriants from Russia: the October 2015 more than 4,500 people came to Israel what is 50% more than the last year.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case