3D Printing in Ukraine
On Sunday, 13 in Kiev an exhibition, dedicated to 3D printing will take place
On the agenda: how to involve children to new ways of studying.
One of speakers is Bob Skinner. He is going to talk about programming on Raspberry. The main question is how to introduce new ways of studying at school.
“When I see 10 years old kid programming for the first time I want to shout: You should have started much earlier. Because in childhood everything is so simple. You can do things grown-ups can’t do. ”
Bob says that his presentation is mostly for the adults. Children will get a chance to have fun and even create their own robot called Elvis. Elvis is a small thing of green color with a cheery face. It was created by Ukrainian startup called Introbots particularly to educate children.
“Usually it`s very interesting for young scientists. They want to experience something new. They aren`t scared of such words as Arduino or C++. For them it`s just a game” - notes Bob.
Anna Trepez is a teacher. On the exhibition she runs public lessons for children.
“Such exhibitions are very useful. Parents can come to us and see what their children are capable of. Usually they are very surprised”.
3D printing refers to a various processes used to synthesize three-dimensional objects. Practically it means you can print a cup, a table or even a model of your head in 3D one-be-one.
In Ukraine, this method started its history not so long time ago and spread with the help of new startups and inspired young scientists.
3D Printing Conference “3D Expo” in Kiev in NSC that took place two month ago in NSC Olympiyskiy aimed to popularize 3D Printing and scanning technologies through educational programs, exhibitions and workshops. Managers say that using 3D is competitive and cost efficient. In everyday life it provides the opportunity to make the difference in small details. To have unique glasses, photo frames with your name on, interesting jewelries it or even originally designed shoes.
Maria Izhutova, director of the first Internet site dedicated to all kinds of 3D Printing says: “We have to introduce such things into our everyday life. Even now! Especially now! Borden skirmishes are not an explanation to do nothing. Personally I think we have to work twice harder to achieve our goals and change the prospective of Ukraine”.
These conferences are taking place mainly in big cities and create good scientific environment in Ukraine.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- RUSSIA18:22Sergei Oznobischev: "Tea with plutonium"
- FINANCE11:11Mykola Martynenko: "Why Ukraine is called "toxic dead zone" for investments"
- RUSSIA22:00Igor Eidman: "Putin's plutonium bluff"
- POLITICS23:15Volodymyr Vasylenko: "We need to create anti-Putin coalition following example of anti-Hitler, - diplomat"
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Bohdan Yaremenko: "Ukrainian authorities do not think about the next steps, but about today's benefit"
- POLITICS09:44Andreas Umland: "OUN is presented as a standard of Ukrainian patriotism"
- SPORT13:49Bogdan Kulynych: "The price of the victory: Ukraine's "gold" at the Paralympics"
- POLITICS17:45Newt Gingrich: "Former Speaker of US Congress: President Trump to sell arms to Ukraine"
- SPORT10:07Olena Yurkovska: "Ukrainian society beginns to accept Paralympic participants as athletes"
- SPORT21:05 112.ua: "Olympic revelations: Officials did everything so that Ukraine received no medals"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case