30 thousand citizens of Israel come for Rosh Hashana in Uman
400 police officers to guard the Hasidic campers and ensure security
State Emergency Service press office reported that this year during the celebration of the Jewish New Year Rosh Hashanah, which is held September 13-19, about 25-30 thousand citizens of Israel to come to Uman, Cherkasy region. Due to this fact, Emergency Service will provide a strengthened security regime.
The Emergency Service prepared a special plan of emergency response for the period of Jewish New Year celebration.
More than 400 police officers are to guard the order during the celebration of Rosh Hashanah in Uman. As part of the consolidated unit, 15 police officers from Israel will also come here. Patrolling will be carried out around the clock in two-shift mode.
As was reported yesterday, thirty young men with an athletic appearance attacked the camp of Hasidim in Uman. They used a variety of carpentry tools when destroying the fence of the camp; they also promised to demolish the whole camp. The attack took place on Saturday, Shabbat, which entails refraining from work activities.
Poroshenko: We are building Ukraine with no place for anti-Semitism 29 September, 12:28
Poroshenko will go to Israel for Peres funeral 29 September, 14:22
Rivlin interrupts visit to Ukraine due to Peres’s death 28 September, 09:02
Poroshenko: Passing of Peres is loss for entire world 30 September, 10:47
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels