24 books by Nadiya Savchenko were seized from her sister on the Russian border
The reason - 'suspicious literature'
24 books called "Strong name Nadiya" were seized from Vira Savchenko, the sister of Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko on the Russian border, said Vira Savchenko in Facebook.
'The customs office of Veryhivka-Chuhunivka, Russia and FSB border guards took away from me 24 Nada's books," Strong name Nadiya, "I was carrying them at the request of the Russians, who are rewritten with Nadia in prison, there were the gifts for them. Сonfiscated. The reason:"suspicious literature"(firstly it was shouted that there is the extremist literature). They took away also 18 postal envelopes with the picture of Nadya. After stoping the bus at the checkpoint "Verihivka" for 9,5 hours, taking from us all the explanation, clarifyings, they treated us coffee and let us go,'- wrote Vira Savchenko.
Earlier, Savchenko wrote a book about staying in a Russian prison. The preprint of Ukrainian pilot's book was released in September 2015.
Nadiya Savchenko, Ukrainian MP and former Armed Forces servant, is accused of killing two employees of Russian television, who had been near Luhansk without the permission of the Ukrainian authorities in summer of the past year. Russian prosecution claims that Savchenko led adjustment of fire during the bombardment by the Ukrainian military. Also, pilot is accused of illegally crossing the Russian border.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas