22nd biggest book fair in Ukraine to take place in Lviv
September 9-15 special guests from 15 foreign countries are to come to the Lviv book forum
Publishers and authors will flock to Lviv in the middle of September for a Lviv book forum, a literature market and festival. The official opening ceremony will be held September 9. Founded in 1994, it gathers not only publishers, writers or readers, but also celebrities, sportsmen, famous politicians, members of NGOs, educators, translators, journalists. Many new publishers and scarce editions are presented here. The forum is a very good chance for young publishers and authors.
Publishers from different countries are to attend the forum. The organizers announced some guests from Zimbabwe, Egypt, China, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Latvia, Israel, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Serbia, Finland, Russia (last year they were forbidden to participate), and France (special guest in 2015) to come this year.
Among the main thematic platforms are Women themes, Culinary, Men's Club, Historical truth, Children’s’ Playground, and School. The guest will have an opportunity to attend author readings, lectures, workshops, and discussion clubs.
Оver 900 publishing houses and over 300 authors presented their books in the Lviv Palace of Culture, its yard and downtown in the centre. NGO “Publishers’ Forum” is the organizer of is this largest book fair in Ukraine and one of the largest events of this kind in Eastern Europe.
Ukraine could not be named a rich in publishing houses though. The last three years show that the number of books published per year per one mln people reaches some 470 books. And the total number of books published per year is 21500.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars