21-year old National Guard soldier died after yesterdays’ Kyiv riot
Given his death, the number of victims of clashes amounted to 2 persons
Minister of Internal Affairs Arsen Avakov wrote in his Twitter that a 21-year old law enforcer died in a hospital this morning during the surgical procedure. This information was also confirmed by the speaker of Ukrainian National Guard Svitlana Pavlovska. This is the second death after yesterdays’ riots near the building of parliament.
69 soldiers of the National Guard were injured as a result of the mass unrest and grenade explosion; some of them are anti-terroristic operation soldiers.
President Poroshenko promised to pay near $28 thousands of compensation to the families of the victims.
Advisor to the President of Ukraine for Humanitarian Affairs, MP Olga Bohomolets said that there are 131 victims of the riot; seven of them faced major injuries. ATO veterans from the Donbas region were among the wounded.
Yesterday 265 Ukrainian MPs adopted the first reading amendments to the Constitution regarding decentralization. More than thousand people gathered for a protest rally against voting for these amendments. A protest rally, which was expected to be peaceful, resulted into a mass riot under the flags of political parties.
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain