2 transmission towers supplying Crimea blown up in Kherson region
The purpose of the incident might be discreditation of peaceful blockade of Crimea, activists say
Near Chonhar, Kherson region, tonight were blown 2 transmission towers Melitopol-Dzhankoy, which supply electricity to the Crimea. They are damaged, but did not fall, New visit reported.
According to preliminary information, to the towers were tied 82-caliber mortar mines, two of them have not worked. In place of event police officers and rescue worker are operating. Pyrotechnists of the Ministry of Interior Affairs are expected to defuse unexploded mines.
About the incident regional department of the State Emergency Service was by informed the participants of the blockade.
The incident could be a provocation the purpose of which is to discredit the action of the blockade of the occupied peninsula, claimed the deputy editor of the ATR channel Ayder Muzhdabaev in his Facebook post.
He cites the deputy head of Genichesk district administration, who visited the scene of the explosion. The latter told that "the subversion clearly was made by amateurs, as mine for the demolition of towers should not be installed, so the blast wave goes out of the way. I think this is a provocation, a show aimed at discrediting the peaceful blockade of Crimea”.
In addition, the head of staff of the Public blockade of Crimea Lenur Islyamov said that among the participants of blockade there are many veterans of Anti-Terrorist Operation, and if they arranged the blow-up of transmission towers, the result would be different.
"Now the situation is dangerous, wires are buzzing; there are unexploded demolition charges, therefore, there is urgent need to disconnect the power line” Islyamov told.
Reportedly, law enforcement agencies opened criminal proceedings into the incident.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
In occupied Crimea reported an increase in tourist traffic 15 October, 15:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars