16 universities evacuated from Luhansk and Donetsk regions
During todays’ briefing Minister of Education Serhiy Kvit said about 16 universities which were moved from Luhansk and Donetsk regions to other regions of Ukraine
“The majority moved within the Donbas area, as they had their campuses, their own separate structural departaments. Some of them moved to Vinnytsia, Kryvyi Rih, and other regions. If someone says that he has a [university] license in Donetsk, that’s not true. We believe that there are no more universities in Donetsk and Luhansk; those which announce learning process, they have no legal license or accreditation,” stated Kvit.
He highlighted that the Ministry is to develop a separate law to regulate the matriculation campaign for Crimean applicants. He claimed that documents issued by self-proclaimed LPR, DPR or Crimea are not recognized by the Ministry, and it causes the problems for Crimean pupils, who gets the school certificated issued by Russian Federation. “We believe this regimes are occupational, that is why we cannot recognize their official papers,” stated Kvit. “We can establish some quotas for Crimean marticulants,” said the minister and encouraged to express the ideas for legal solving of the issue.
Minister also emphasized on the crucial role of Russian studies in Ukrainian universities. “We must understand what is really happening in Russia. We may call them bandits, but it is not enough for understanding the situation. We must learn about Russian opposition, economy, and social life”.
According to him, in recent years the interest in IT industry, humanitarian studies, cultural studies, history, and language has increased. Economic and legal studies remain popular among Ukrainian marticulants.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
In occupied Crimea reported an increase in tourist traffic 15 October, 15:32
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars