16 Lithuanian military instructors head for Ukraine
They will train Ukrainian servicemen
Lithuania’s Defense Ministry reported this on Tuesday. “It’s been sixth shift of Lithuanian military instructors sent to Ukraine. It consists of 16 professional servicemen of Samogitia motorized rifle brigade,’ reads the message.
The Lithuanian servicemen, along with their U.S. and Canadian counterparts will train Ukrainian soldiers at the International Centre for Peacekeeping and Security at Yavoriv firing range, Lviv region, western Ukraine. They will perform individual and collective trainings, teach their Ukrainian counterparts how to plan operations and command troops according to NATO standards.
The Ministry added that due to Russia’s military aggression, Lithuania actively supports Ukraine’s independence and territorial integrity in every possible and legal way, including the military assistance. Previously, Ukraine’s General Staff of the Armed Forces reported that NATO were ready to increase the number of counselors and instructors to train the Ukrainian servicemen.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas