100 musicians from seven countries to perform European Union anthem in Kyiv
Poland initiated musicians from 7 countries on August 24, Independence Day of Ukraine, to perform "Ode to Joy" at Maidan
Musicians of "I, Culture Orchestra" international orchestra will have a music tour to Poland, Germany, Georgia, Spain and Ukraine. One of the performances will be held at Kyiv’s Independence Square on Independence Day of Ukraine, August 24. They will perform a part of Ninth Symphony by Ludwig van Beethoven, “Ode to joy”, the anthem of the European Union, as well as works by Serhiy Prokofiev, Alexander Mosolov and Serhiy Rachmaninov.
The concert will be broadcasted by 100 TV channels from around the world.
"Coming to the Independence Square, we want to express our solidarity with the Ukrainian people," says the author of the idea Pavlo Potorochin.
The musical project "I, Culture Orchestra" was created in 2011 on the initiative of the Polish Adam Mickiewicz Institute. Its members (staff includes about 100 people) are changed every year. The musicians from Poland and Eastern Partnership Georgia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Armenia, Moldova and Ukraine play in "I, Culture Orchestra".
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars