0.5% Crimean pupils study in Ukrainian
2.76% children here have Crimean Tatar language of study
As for the beginning of the 2015/2016 school year, only 2.76% (5083) pupils of the occupied Crimea learn in Crimean Tatar. “There are 15 educational organizations with the Crimean Tatar language of study. There are 53 educational organizations of 17 municipal districts and urban districts, which provide studying the language,” as states Russian Ministry of education.
In the current academic year 37 first classes with the Crimean Tatar language of study opened here. Compared with the previous academic year the number of students has increased by 188 people.
949 children study in Ukrainian, representing 0.5% of the total number of pupils. Studying in Ukrainian is organized in 22 educational organizations of 13 regions of the peninsula.
"In the current academic year the first 2 classes with the Ukrainian language opened in Crimea. The two schools are functioning from 1 to 9 th classes (Alushta, Feodosia)," according to the statement.
As states Krymr, after the annexation of the Crimea by Russia in March 2014, three state languages - Russian, Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar are consolidated in the Crimean Constitution. However, with the start of the new school year Crimean Tatar public figures stated that the right to education in their native language in the new political context is not respected. As examples they cite several cases in Crimea, where the management of educational institutions under the false pretext denies parents in creating classes with the Crimean Tatar language of instruction.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case