Yes we ban: Russian Roskomnadzor has blocked 20 YouTube videos
The videos from Russian protest rallies are called to be extremistic
A spokesman of Roskomnadzor (Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications) Vadim Ampelonskyi confirmed that the number of the videos from YouTube are banned as they are extremist. He added that there is no information on complete blocking of YouTube, RBC.
Among the prohibited clips is the last speech of opposition leader Alexei Navalny before the verdict of "Yves Rocher" case. The record of the last speech of Navalny had been blocked on the basis of the law "On information, information technologies and data protection". It regulates the procedure for limiting access to sites that contain information calling for riots, extremist activity or participation in mass events in violation of the established order.
Some videos with the scenes of protest rallies in the regions of the country were also banned. All the prohibited content are not available for review since Thursday night.
Roskomnadzor decided to strike a strike a blow on other internet resources as well. The ban list includes SlideShare (owned by LinkedIn), portals muzogig.com, vidqo.com, bestcomputershop.ga, waptiny.com, wholicab.in.
As was reported before, Roskomnadzor included Last.fm music portal to the register of banned sites.
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case