US allows possibility of new sanctions against Russia because of Syria
In turn, the Russian Foreign Ministry claimes that is open to cooperation with the US
Washington believes it possible to introduce sanctions against Russia because of its course of action in Syria, said on Friday at a briefing US State Department spokesman Mark Toner.
"This option - is one of many that we are considering, but I'm not going to announce anything," - he said.
Last Tuesday, White House spokesman Josh Ernest has already stated that the US administration does not rule out sanctions against Russian citizens in connection with the support of the Syrian authorities and the situation in Aleppo
"We do not rule out the prospects of introducing additional financial sanctions. Financial sanctions have proven that it is a useful tool to promote our interests in the world. That's why we can not rule out such sanctions.." - Ernest said, responding to a reporter's question.
At the same time Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov stated that Russia is open to cooperation with the US to determine the goals in Syria.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case