Ukrainian MP: Russia and Ukraine may move to another form of relations
Medvedchuk says, he himself offered journalists from Odesa to President Poroshenko as candidates for prisoner swap
Russia and Ukraine may take their relations to a new level, Special Representative for Humanitarian Affairs in the Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine Viktor Medvedchuk told reporters.
According to the politician, such actions like Nadiya Savchenko pardon and release of Russian and Ukrainian prisoners should contribute to the process launched for humanitarian reasons of Vladimir Putin.
Medvedchuk says, that he himself offered to president Petro Poroshenko the journalists from Odesa as those for prisoner swap to return two Ukrainians. And by getting consent, he began negotiations with the Russian side.
“I regard the prisoner swap as an act of humanism. This can be a start to a whole new level of relations between Ukraine and Russia, and continuing of the strategic actions in the humanitarian field after Savchenko and two citizens of Russia release. This what the two countries need”, Medvedchuk stressed, and added that negotiations about prisoners held in Donbas still continues in the Trilateral Contact Group.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain